Thursday 12 July 2007

DIY

Sometimes I have a plan of something I want to do. It generally takes me several weeks to work up the courage to tackle it. Sometimes it still goes wrong. Sometimes it goes wrong even when its simply a matter of drilling a few holes in the wall. How come drilling holes in the wall is fraught with difficulties? I suspect my drill isn't good enough. Or the walls are extremely hard. They definitely are harder in some places than others. On my current list of things to put up I have: shelves (in the bedroom and hall cupboard), mirror (x2), hooks for african masks (wall here is too hard to hammer a nail into without it bending and bits of plaster dropping off the wall - there's got to be a knack to it), CD racks, curtain rail. So many tasks, so much courage to be found!

No comments: