Thursday 25 May 2006

Boris and Me

So I was off to a meeting at Portcullis House, House of Commons. Mr Boris Johnson MP had requested the pleasure of my company. Bails said, "Ah the buffoon, I wonder if you're his sort..."

I approached the entrance with some trepidation wondering whether I'd be searched (likely) and worrying about the possibility of being Boris' sort. Snippet of a scene played through my head, me being chased round a huge table in a tiled hallway by a Benny Hillesque Boris. I readjusted my shirt, trying to show less cleavage.

As it turned out Boris was shorter than expected, blonder than expected (to the point of yellowness) but just as disheveled as expected. And not at all badly behaved. In fact very properly serious. Until his speech. Then Boris buffooned. And was very Tory.

No comments: