Saturday 3 January 2004

Just Out of Interest...

I just noticed while watching an interview programme about the making of Absolutely Fabulous that all the main characters are played by actresses with names beginning with the letter J: Jennifer Saunders, Joanna Lumley, Julia Sawalha, Jane Horrocks and June Whitfield. I'd never noticed before.

It reminds me of when I started my current job and people kept saying it was getting too confusing working with all these H women, we have: Harriet (thats me), Hannah, Heather, Hazel and we used to have Hiliary. Quite enough for us to be going on with. That might be why someone kept trying to call me Geraldine. Oh and my boss has recently hired an admin assistant who is also called Harriet. Most disconcerting - having never actually known another Harriet before, I now find (when at HQ) that when someone calls my name I turn round and find they didn't mean me...

No comments: