Sunday 9 November 2003

S A D

Its winter, its cold, people are hibernating already. I have had three conversations this week which would count as life-coaching if I were trained in such things. All around me are the wrecks of friends disintergrating in on their own tortured souls. I want to support them and make them buoyant again. Not one of them is careening on a downwards pathway apart from how they actually feel. All of them are doing well, striving, working hard. All of them are having crisis' of some sort - personal, work or confidence and mostly a combination of at least two. These things manifest themselves in a variety of ways but for two of them it means being IN and not coming out even if you ring their doorbell for half an hour solidly (which I did this evening in the drizzle). I think the time of year has a very negative impact on people's feelings of coping - for some reason summer time is easier to cope with because it is just better, more alive. And the best thing I ever learned was how fantastic a winter holiday in the sun was for the morale.

Me, I'm just glad I have next week off work and this Sunday has been nice and relaxing and I haven't had to think about tomorrow at all.

No comments: