Tuesday 4 November 2003

Monday's Life Class



Struggling today to find something of interest. Over recent weeks I have taken to putting the shadows on the floor as a way of creating some context on the paper. It makes parts of the drawing slightly abstract but generally seems clearer when I photograph them and load the pictures up here. Some day soon I will also manage to get the entire figure into the picture (I always seem to knock one end or other off because I start drawing too large and by the time I get there its already too late).

Class was absolutely packed today. Don't think I have ever been at a class with 30 people in it. Rather a tight squeeze. I was also finding that standing drawing was really hurting my back. Never had a bad back until I was in a car accident where a man hit the back right fender when he didn't stop at a cross road and shunted me over a bollard into a brick wall. Now cos its weakened I get it from ridiculously trivial things.



Candid Arts Trust: open access sessions and more formal taught courses in both life drawing and painting. Behind Angel tube, Islington - first left down City Road. Contact: The Candid Arts Trust, 3 Torrens Street, London EC1V 1NQ, Tel: 020 7837 4237.

No comments: