Sunday 30 November 2003

Christmas Shopping

UGHH. I work, all week. I'm going to Scotland for Christmas. On the 22nd. So today was the day I started the Christmas shop. UGHH. I went to Selfridges, John Lewis and Jessops, and then Habitat and Heals. I travelled by bus rather than setting foot on the pavement, even though it would probably have been quicker. THE PEOPLE. They were massing. Oxford Circus was gridlocked, with pedestrians. It was at a stand still. Just looking at the frantic people laiden with bags rushing fighting pushing shoving spending made me feel neurotic and sparked the hibernation thing in me. Oh if only it were possible to find a quiet rock to curl up under and sleep until its all over. HS said that someone on the radio said that ALL londoners were in the centre of town apart from those few who run the other direction and get away as far as possible, usually leaving the country. It certainly felt true.

No comments: