Friday 21 November 2003

I Felt Compelled

To stand with fellow like-minded thinkers in solidarity against the state visit of George W.







I couldn't get off the afternoon to go on the march but made my way down to Trafalgar Square after work. It was packed by the time I got there and they announced the end of the march had just reached Alydwych before crossing Waterloo Bridge at 6.00pm. Many people were there - speakers said 400,000 - 10 o'clock news said 100,000. Never can tell which is right. Did bump into one of my neighbours and a college friend whilst standing listening though which is always suprising in such a huge crowd. Massive diversity of people. People were there for all sorts of reasons - anti war, anti nuclear weapons, anti bush, anti blair, pro palestine, pro cuban, environmental, pro kyoto. Very young to very old.

No comments: