Saturday 4 February 2006

The world at large

First day venturing out after a sickness-induced incarceration, spent living vicariously through TV and blogging. Things seemed different. In part I suspect due to the altered head I've been experiencing (severe dizziness has given way to a headache which stops me focusing quite fully). Details are engaging me rather than the bigger picutre.

Pigeons eat pizza. A discarded banana skin lying on someones front wall goes dark brown, filled out at one end by the remaining fruit. A couple wrestle their 2 year old child into a pushchair. I pass a man whose aftershave engulfs me and settles in the back of my throat.

The supermarket is packed with trolley wielding family groups. And by the time I get home I'm very glad of the quiet and stillness.

No comments: