Wednesday 22 June 2005

Flies

Scourge of summer so far. The weather is beautiful (not great for working in but beautiful none the less). My big complaint is the number of flies. I'm sure there weren't so many last year. I currently appear to be cultivating them in the house, a number of varieties.

Blue bottles, the blundering big ones that bump into you (and die in closed rooms - I've got a what seems to be a morgue full of them in the living room).

Fruit flies (nasty tiny little things that run around on stuff while you try to swat them) infested on my two marvelous aloe vera plants. I expect it's because they are sweet smelling and have sap but I'd really like to get rid of the damn things.

Little black things that flit around the light and tend to hang round hot skin (ugh).

And although not strictly flies - the mosquitos (I've got three huge bites now) with that horrid way they have of dangling their bodies and legs, and such nasty intentions.

Yuk. Yuk.

No comments: