Monday 15 November 2004

Tiger Lillies



Its been a long while since I saw the Tiger Lillies. Its a long time since they played regularly in the Kings Head on Upper Street when we could whoop and shout and sing along, when afterwards we would chat and later when GS was pissed we'd go in the back room and she would inevitably end up flashing her tits.

I met the boyfiend in there. He turned from the hatch after buying a drink and kissed me dead on the mouth, quite took me by suprise (in a good way). It took a couple more chance meetings before he actually asked me on a date, but he did and that was 7 years ago.

I have fond memories of those times. Sometimes we go back in for old times sake, look around, see some of the same old bar props, the same faded decor, and feel totally changed from who we were then. Its no bad thing, I would hate to still be hanging around there.

So after the Kings Head there was Shockheaded Peter. The Tiger Lillies went BIG. I'm pleased they have become a success, I knew they could be and that I couldn't possibly be the only person in London and the world who loved them.

Today I saw them. They fill a theatre in London, they fill big stadiums in Europe. They played some new stuff and some of the old ones. Some of the same old people were in the audience. Some things never change.

No comments: