Friday 26 December 2003

Christmas Shopping

Since being in Dundee I have partaken in several shopping trips.

First we crossed the Tay to go buy a christmas tree from a country estate outside Cuper, Fife, from a man who chopped them from his tree farm specially.

Then I have seen the inside of three different tescos supermarkets (didn't realise that Dundee was really big enough to sport three but obviously it is - it does have two football teams after all).


  • Kinsway Tescos - crowded but lots of cashiers, don't know why but I couldn't go the right way round whatever I did - I was always in the way. And they had trolley traffic jams at the meat counter and again at the corner of chocolate and alcohol. Complete standstill. Nobody was going to give way. More people just kept piling up and up.

  • Lochee Tescos - small but less crowded

  • Riverside Tescos - more upmarket (supposedly) but more crowded.
I also visited Anstruther Co-op - much less upmarket, much smaller and almost completely empty (being as it was boxing day when we went). My sister really shows me a good shopping time!

No comments: