Wednesday 13 August 2003

Why I Love...

I sometimes read this little snippet in the G2 - today its called Why I Love Duct Tape.

From the article: Inevitably, there are mad duct tape fans who, rather than patch a hole in an old leather sofa, will cover the entire thing and turn it into a spill-resistant statement - an objet d'uct, if you like.



Here is a picture of my junk shop find - a second-hand chesterfield-type leather two seater sofa with a brass base - bought for a measly £30 + £5 delivery. It took up residence in my father's kitchen. He had some covers made for it but instead of getting them dirty has resorted to patching the leather with duct tape. The innards are still in good nick although the outside leaves a lot to be desired. I didn't know we were part of a botch fix it crowd. I bet there's a newsgroup for lovers of duct-tape sofas.

No comments: