Friday 1 June 2007

Waiting

I'm waiting for a delivery. Its coming between 6.00-9.00pm. On a Friday night. Strange, but at least I don't have to wait in for it during the day tomorrow which, cross-fingers, looks like it might be a good one. I've mowed the lawn so I don't have to do it tomorrow. And continued my war against the bind weed that has impinged on my garden boundaries - never had bind weed before and its proving to be a sneaky customer. It sends up tiny threadlike tendrils that wrap themselves around other things (roses, grass stems, anything) and grow their delicate seeming heart shaped leaves. Below the soil they have sprouted from thick monster roots that have driven themselves through the soil over great distances sending out tributaries across and down. I've been digging, gently lifting yards and yards of these roots. And still the tiny tendrils appear. One day, one year I hope to eradicate it. Maybe.

No comments: