Tuesday 11 January 2005

Christmas Tree

First thing this morning I came out of the house and turned up the street for the station as usual and noticed that a red bmw was wearing a christmas tree on its roof, kindly left there by a passing drunk no doubt. I wondered if it had scratched the paint work, but not enough to go over and look.

Later in the day a friend I used to work with suggested I cast my eye at page 17 of today's sun newspaper (quite a trial since its not something I ever come in contact with but hey, they have a website and I looked it up). It appears that the principal of the college I used to work for has banned the sun newspaper from the grounds, no student or staff member is allowed to read it. Big brotherly molly coddling of the highest order but she has principles does Ruthie. We have a co-worker who will now have to wrap his contraband newspaper in, perhaps, the front pages of a G2 in order to smuggle it into work with him. So not only will he have to lurk in outside-corners to smoke but also to read his choice of newsprint. It is a rag, however, so perhaps he should read the free Metro instead and save himself 20p (won't get the bare bossoms though).

And finally, rounded up the evening getting dinner in the Salisbury, our local which was bad but recently turned good. Served by a Gordon Ramsey-esque grumpy chef who shouted at the barlady for asking (on my behalf) if the Pasta of the Day (informative description of a dish) was vegetarian or not. While we were there he cooked 4 dinners (2 of which were ours). Getting way above his station methinks.

Coming back up the hill to home I happened to notice the christmas tree had been ditched and tossed between two cars and a lamppost on the other side of the road to the red bmw.

No comments: