Tuesday 9 September 2003

Monday's Life Class




Sometimes it is hard to draw on demand. When your mind isn't right or you're tired or whatever. So for the second week in a row it was a hard slog. Finally at the end in the last drawing I felt that it went a bit better.
They are having a small exhibition next week and the tutor asked me to bring a drawing and when I looked back at some that were possibles I think the drawings have improved but there are aspects of the older drawings that I like and need to recapture in the current ones. Like the subtlety of line and the precise nature of the drawing. I think I have become lazy but this could also be that I have reached the end of the useful life of the drawing class and probably need to do my own thing now. Dunno.

Candid Arts Trust: open access sessions and more formal taught courses in both life drawing and painting. Behind Angel tube, Islington - first left down City Road. Contact: The Candid Arts Trust, 3 Torrens Street, London EC1V 1NQ, Tel: 020 7837 4237.

No comments: