Tuesday 2 February 2010

Big Garden Bird Watch

I was overly keen and actually initially counted the birds last weekend. Had to do it all again this weekend when I realised. Nothing like a trial run through I suppose. So I saw:
  • 3 blackbirds
  • 13 sparrows
  • 1 robin
  • 2 blue tits
  • 2 collared doves
  • 1 wren
  • 1 greater spotted woodpecker (new additional the regular visitors - I was quite excited - this is a rarer species - my only one)
  • 2 great tits
  • 1 magpie (one for sorrow - not so keen on the magpies after they killed the blackbird chicks we had a couple of springs ago)
  • 3 wood pigeons
  • 3 starlings (always reminds me of Pam Ayres - I'm a starling me darling - we liked her when she was on TV in the 70s but on looking back I really can't see why.
  • 1 chaffinch

3 comments:

ellie said...

2 Blue Tits.  (Hee hee; sounds like someone was very cold!)

Harriet said...

My dad used to have a bird calendar over the computer - can't remember the month but each time I paused for thought and looked up it said 'great tits' - that used to make me laugh.

Blue Wtch said...

Oh dear, was it last weekend?  I didn't see that anywhere, so  I've failed miserably...