Tuesday 25 July 2006

Visitor Explosion

I'm riding the crest of a popularity wave (well actually I believe I'm on the downward slope back to normality). I've had a couple of sudden surges in the lifetime of In the Aquarium when I've managed to post something topical (not tropical, you understand, although I did have a rather marvelous watermelon vodka cocktail at Mash yesterday).

First was the David Blane thing, that even though it wasn't popular amongst fellow bloggers was actually quite a hit with DB's massive out in the real world. Second was the London bombings - a surreal time when all news, even the secondhand kind was devoured. Interest died down when actual survivors started blogging the real pain of what happened. And now its because of the Dreamspace tragedy.

I have that feeling of strangers swarming through the archives, many of whom are unlikely to find what they are looking for in these pages. People bent on the search for information. And if there's one thing this blog doesn't do well its providing information! An ambiance maybe but not really information.

Anyway, hey there!

No comments: