Monday 3 May 2010

Party

Bails and I had a not quite 40 non-birthday birthday party. It was a barbecue so naturally I woke up to the rain pouring down. I had not had a great night sleep becuase my arms were aching from all the mowing, raking, sweeping, cleaning and cooking (baking, actually, lots of beating butter and sugar and eggs and folding in flour) I had done the day before. While it all seems like a lot of work in the build up to a party it is actually really nice to have lots of people round - the mixture of family friends, school, college, work and ceramics class people worked well, I got excellent feedback on the food, cake, garden and house all of which is heart warming. And people stayed until midnight so must have been enjoying themselves enough. Today I have been cleaning up - there was not a clean plate, fork or glass in the place. The house is now spotless again but strangely empty feeling. Devoid of the chatter, laughter and bodies of the night before. On a plus I am still not 40 yet, sadly for Bails she is now (her birthday today - happy birthday Bails!)

5 comments:

ellie@hush.ai said...

40 isn't bad.  I'm actually enjoying it.

Harriet said...

It just sounds such a large number!

Blue Witch said...

... and I think you've got there today!  Happy Birthday.

la pergrina said...

Happy Birthday, Harriet.  Feel any different now that you are no longer 39?

Harriet said...

I am now 40 - don't feel any different. Its just that my internal age is so much younger than my actual age!